Meet Eric Eisler: High School Math & Science Tutor.
A dad of two wonderful student-athletes, I am a life-long lover of learning and teaching. Whether understanding a rigorous geometric proof or studying the intricacies of a cover-two defense, I am endlessly curious about the world.
I convey my enthusiasm and curiosity to my students in my best efforts to get them enthusiastic about their studies. My approach to teaching is first to ask questions. After identifying any missing knowledge gaps, I provide students with detailed solutions to commonly asked questions. I help students develop good organizational skills, often the keys to learning efficiently. I help students use their creativity in problem-solving and stress using symmetry to solve the most challenging problems. Perhaps most importantly, I provide a supportive environment where students aren’t afraid to take risks and make mistakes as they navigate their educational journey.
High School Services: Algebra I • Algebra II • Geometry • Pre-Calculus • Calculus • AP Calculus AB • Statistics • Physics • AP Physics • Economics
Hourly Rate: $150
George Washington University
Engineering co-op at the Naval Research Lab
Designed satellites for the Navy
Union High School
Member of tennis, cross country, and wrestling teams
- I started my career as a design engineer designing electrical power systems for military spacecraft
- Worked as a consultant for Booz, Allen, & Hamilton in support of DoD spacecraft programs
- Worked for over a decade as a financial research analyst in support of hedge fund and mutual fund managers
- Love sports and music - I founded a group call the DC Rockers for amateur musicians
- I've spent countless hours coaching and mentoring young athletes, including my two boys