SAT & ACT Tutor
We are seeking a part-time, in-home SAT/ACT Tutor located in Washington DC, Maryland, or Northern Virginia.
- Possesses Bachelor’s degree from a highly selective university
- Experience tutoring/teaching
- SAT or ACT test prep
- High school math (if you haven’t tutored it, you must be highly proficient through standard Pre Calculus)
- Energized to foster positive relationships with our client families
- Highly focused, organized, keen time management, attention to detail, ability to follow processes
- Fast, consistent and direct communication
- Committed to continuous student/tutor/team collaboration
- Academic Planning & Instruction
- Conduct 90-120 minute private individual lessons in student homes.
- Motivate, evaluate and instill learning agency
- Deliver tangible results through transparent evaluation methods
- Coordinate and troubleshoot directly with parents in timely and professional fashion
- Manage lesson scheduling
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Weekly commitment of minimum 10 teaching hours (example 1-2 weekday evenings and one weekend day)
- Consistent access to a car (work is in students’ homes 1:1) and willingness to drive up to 30 minutes for 2 hour lessons (travel bonuses for longer travel)
- Medium to long-term commitment: 2 years minimum. Even if you leave the DC area after a few years, opportunities for remote work with Top Score are possible.
- Top Score Education offers highly competitive compensation. The starting pay range for a part time SAT/ACT tutor is $40-$80 per hour. As they grow and develop with our company, Top Score SAT/ACT Tutors can earn up to $120 per hour.
- SAT/ACT tutors can earn between $40,000 to $105,000 per year including incentives, flexible scheduling, travel benefits, rapid growth and earning potential, several potential career paths, including entrepreneurial opportunities such as Branch Director of a new market.
Join Our Team
"*" indicates required fields
We closely monitor rates from our competitors and consistently pay above the industry norm, so you know we value your profound partnership. Top Score offers incentives for travel, graduate schools, or personal growth projects.
We encourage travel and exploration. Own your calendar with flexible working arrangements and schedule autonomy. Your wellness and feelings of freedom are conducive to successful learning partnerships at Top Score.
Diversity in our student partnerships is met with dynamic dedication from our professionals. Map your career with many available pathways while you leverage a supportive and experienced team that drives your goals forward.
Nothing prepares potential graduate students for their exams like teaching standardized tests or working with a team that provides essay advice, interview practice, and powerful recommendations for admissions. Your career aspirations are also safe with Top Score, as we can adjust your employment as you evolve.
Many professionals in the workforce chase the paycheck but lack connection to their work. Our focus extends beyond the 9-5 and touches upon humanity in a way that gives back to the community.
We invite you to meet the talented team members who are dedicated to our critical mission.
Founder | Nationally Recognized SAT/ACT Expert
Director, North Carolina | Test Prep Tutor
Veteran Test Prep Tutor
Veteran Test Prep Tutor
Lead Test Prep & STEM Tutor