Part-time and/or Full-time
Washington D.C. Metro
- We are seeking a part-time, in-home STEM tutor located in Washington DC, Maryland, or Northern Virginia.
- Experience tutoring or teaching multiple STEM areas, including Algebra 1/2, Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, AP Calculus, AP Physics, and AP Biology. While you do not have to have taught all of these subjects before, we value tutors with a significant instructional range in high school math and science.
Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field preferred.
Graduate students actively pursuing a Master’s or Ph.D. in a STEM field are highly encouraged to apply!
Energized to foster positive relationships with our client families
Highly focused, organized, keen time management, attention to detail, ability to follow processes.
Fast, consistent, and direct communication
Committed to continuous student/tutor/team collaboration
- Academic planning and instruction
Conduct 60-120 minute private individual lessons in student homes weekdays 4-10 pm and/or weekends
Develop and maintain genuine, positive, and consistent communication with parents and students
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
Weekly commitment of minimum 8 teaching hours (example 1-2 weekday evenings and one weekend day)
Consistent access to a car (work is primarily in students’ homes 1:1) and willingness to drive up to 30 minutes to a lesson (travel bonus for longer travel).
- Top Score Education offers highly competitive compensation. The starting pay range for this role is $40-$70 per hour. As they grow and develop with our company, Top Score STEM Tutors can earn up to $100 per hour.
Join Our Team
We closely monitor rates from our competitors and consistently pay above the industry norm, so you know we value your profound partnership. Top Score offers incentives for travel, graduate schools, or personal growth projects.
We encourage travel and exploration. Own your calendar with flexible working arrangements and schedule autonomy. Your wellness and feelings of freedom are conducive to successful learning partnerships at Top Score.
Diversity in our student partnerships is met with dynamic dedication from our professionals. Map your career with many available pathways while you leverage a supportive and experienced team that drives your goals forward.
Nothing prepares potential graduate students for their exams like teaching standardized tests or working with a team that provides essay advice, interview practice, and powerful recommendations for admissions. Your career aspirations are also safe with Top Score, as we can adjust your employment as you evolve.
Many professionals in the workforce chase the paycheck but lack connection to their work. Our focus extends beyond the 9-5 and touches upon humanity in a way that gives back to the community.
We invite you to meet the talented team members who are dedicated to our critical mission.